Australia - Prison guards watch over and maintain order among inmates of prisons, reformatories or penitentiaries.
- (a) searching arriving prisoners, putting their valuables in safekeeping, escorting prisoners to their cells
- (b) making periodic inspection tours of cells and inspecting and maintaining the security of locks, doors and gates
- (c) supervising prisoners at work, meals, or during recreation periods
- (d) observing the conduct and behaviour of prisoners to prevent disturbances and escapes
- (e) patrolling prison areas to prevent escape
- (f) assisting with the implementation of rehabilitation programs
- (g) escorting prisoners in transit and during temporary leaves
Take the Salary Survey
Complete the Salary Survey and win a wage.